How to become a government supplier?
Each sphere of government has its own regulations and rules regarding the purchase of goods and services from suppliers and businesses.
The Provincial Government of the Western Cape is divided into three following categories:
1. Tenders under R10 000.00, are sourced telephonically from potential suppliers. To register as a supplier, call the individual department or the Department of Economic Development and Tourism on 021 483 9114.
2. Tenders above R10 000.00 and below R200 000.00 are managed by Tradeworld. Service providers need to register on the database by calling 021 680 5600 (or visit www.tradeworld.co.za)
3. Tenders with a value greater than R200 000.00 are advertised in the local and national newspapers, the Government Tender Bulletin and on www.capegateway.gov.za
The City of Cape Town is divided into three following categories:
1. Tenders under R30 000.00 are sourced from the Community Supplier Database. To register call 021 400 3618
2. Tenders above R30 000.00 and below R200 000.00 are advertised on the website: www.capetown.gov.za
3. Tenders greater than R200 000.00 are advertised weekly in the Cape Times and Die Burger on Fridays, and on the website: www.capetown.gov.za
This information is cited from Department of Economic Development and Tourism: The Western Cape Guide to BBBEE Oportunities, 2009 Edition.
Page Updated: 18 July 2011
by Zanele Matshotyana